Here is the announcement:
Real Madrid CF and Bayern Munich's Hamit Altintop have reached a deal that will see the player spend the next four seasons with the Spanish club.
- Hamit Altintop joins Real Madrid by way of Schalke 04 and most recently Bayern Munich.
- He won one German League Cup (DFL-Ligapokal) with the first and two Bundesliga titles, two German Cups (DFP-Pokal) and two German Super Cups (Premiere Ligapokal / DFL-Ligapokal) with the Bavarian powerhouse.
- In 2010 the now 28-year old earned the FIFA Puskas Award for his volley against Kazakhstan in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
- Other individual accolades include being named to the UEFA Euro 2008 Team of the Tournament.
- Altintop was born on 8 December 1982 in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, but as a Turkish citizen has been capped 64 caps times and scored six goals for Turkey.
- He is a versatile midfielder who can play on either end of the pitch as well as on either flank.
- Altintop spent his early days Schwarz-Weis Gelgenkirchen, Tus Rotthausen and Wattenscheid 09 before spending four seasons at Shalke 04 and later signing for Bayern Munich is 2007.
- In 2005/06 he scored his only Champions League goal while on duty with Schalke, and four seasons later with Bayern he was named Man-of-the-Match in the first leg of the quarterfinal tie against Manchester United.
- The first time Altintop set foot on the Bernabeu turf was for the 2009/10 Champions League final against Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan. He has played in 14 matches and scored two goals for Bayern this season.
W/ Bayern Munich:
Bundesliga: 2008, 2010
German Cup: 2008, 2010
German Super Cup: 2010
German League Cup: 2007
W/ Schalke 04:
German League Cup: 2005