Real Madrid coach Bernd Schuster is adamant that Chelsea target Robinho will remain at the club next season.
Reports that the Brazil international is on his way to the Premier League have been rife, with Manchester United and Chelsea favourites to secure his services.
The 24-year-old's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, claimed on Tuesday the Blues were winning the race, admitting Robinho is keen to link up with new boss and fellow Brazilian Luiz Felipe Scolari.
But Schuster believes the Madrid directors would be unwise to let Robinho leave.
'I don't see Robinho out of this team because it doesn't make any sense,' he told Spanish newspaper AS. 'It's normal that being in Brazil stories reach him from 10,000km away, but it's rubbish.
'He has to be with us. He's a player in our project.'
Robinho is believed to be upset with Real after they refused to allow him to join up with the Brazil squad for this summer's Olympic Games.
Wagner also told reporters his client felt 'undervalued' by Real bosses, who were reportedly considering using the forward in a trade deal for Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo.
However, Schuster insists the 24-year-old is one of the most important players in the squad and revealed he sent the player a video of his goals from last season to try and raise his spirits.
'We've shown him his goals from last year and we all realised that he is one of the most important players in this squad and we need him for the next few years,' Schuster continued.
'The only problem is when a player can't train with a group as he should, and more so in the case of Robinho who needs to show his joy on the pitch and to be happy with his team-mates.
'He's recovering from his injury and that is cheering him up. I'm very calm. The day he starts training with the team again he'll soon pick up. It's not a worry.'