April 27, 2011

Jose Mourinho interview after Barcelona match Champions League

"Why do they try to kill a tie that could end 0-0 after three hours?"

Jose Mourinho was visibly angy after his team's defeat against Barcelona.

"Why does this happen? Barcelona are a fantastic team. I don't understand why Pepe was sent off. It paved the way for Barcelona to finish the tie."

"I said nothing to the referee. I just laughed and applauded his decision without saying anything. I'd rather say no more because if I tell him and UEFA what I really think my career would end here and now. Since I cannot say it, I'll ask a question: Why? Why Ovrebo? Why Bussaca? We are talking about an absolutely fantastic football team. Why couldn't Chelsea reach the final two years ago? It was a miracle that Inter reached the final last year. Why kill a tie that could end 0-0 after three hours? I don't understand why."

"If it's already difficult to make a comeback on purely sporting grounds, it is absolutely impossible when our opponent is helped in this manner. It seems they must reach the final. I don't understand why such a fantastic team needs this. Football is a sport in which the same rules apply to all; then the best team wins. We will showcase pride and respect for our world of football in Barcelona. We will travel without Pepe, who did nothing wrong. We will travel without Ramos, who did nothing wrong. The coach won't even be able to sit on the bench and the aggregate score is against us. The system will kill us once more if we happen to score a goal and open up the tie."

"Our scheme had different stages for different moments in the game. We had to play together and then use a centre forward. Then I would use a number '10' behind the two forwards. It is the scheme for a 0-0 game, trying to capitalise on the frustration of our opponent. But the referee didn't let us unfold our plan. Barcelona's power should have been simply of a football nature. They have that power. Why use more?

"It disgusts me to live in this world," Mourinho said.

"Every semi-final, the same thing always happens," Mourinho said, alleging a conspiracy between Barcelona and UEFA because the Catalans had been awarded a favourable refereeing decision for the third consecutive UEFA Champions League semi-final.

"Why?



"I'll live my whole life with this question but I hope one day to get the answer.

"Why could Chelsea not get to the final two years ago? Last year to get to the final with Inter was a miracle. Why again in this game?"

"I don't know if it's publicity for (sponsor) UNICEF or (FIFA and UEFA head of referees committee Angel) Villar's influence in UEFA," Mourinho said.

"They have the power and no one else has a chance.''

Mourinho was scathing of Barcelona's accomplishments, which he said were tainted.

"Inside (the Catalans) are laughing and enjoying this thinking we're going to (the final at) Wembley," he said.

"But to win this way must leave a bad taste.

"I've won two Champions Leagues and I won them both on the field and they were with two clubs.

"We won with work, effort, sweat, fight and with a lot of work.

"Josep Guardiola is a fantastic coach - I repeat he is a fantastic coach - but he won the Champions with the scandal at Stamford Bridge.

"And if he wins again then it will be affected by today."

See the Whole Press Conference (Video)

No comments:

Post a Comment