November 06, 2009

Zinedine Zidane : Cristiano Ronaldo Has More Star Quality Than David Beckham

cristiano ronaldo zinedine zidane

Zinedine Zidane believes that Cristiano Ronaldo was always destined to play for Real Madrid and that the Portuguese is now the biggest star in world football.

The French legend is delighted that the former Manchester United forward completed a move to the Santiago Bernabeu in the summer for a record breaking €94 million.

Having been part of the Galactico era at Madrid, Zidane is well placed to judge, and he thinks that Ronaldo is even bigger than David Beckham.

“Cristiano Ronaldo was destined to end up at Real Madrid - he is the perfect player for this club," he was quoted as saying by Sport.

“He has star quality like no other in the football world right now – not even my good friend David Beckham can compete with him anymore.”

Zidane is back at Real Madrid in an ambassadorial role and is pleased with his position at the club.

“Ever since I ended my career I hoped I could return to Real Madrid in some capacity. The club has played a huge part in my life," he continued.

“Don Florentino Perez contacted me about being an advisor on sporting matters – that was a dream role for me because I know football and I know a lot of people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment