November 29, 2009

Karim Benzema : We're going to Nou Camp to win

Karim Benzema used to watch the Clasico as a fan in France, and now the striker is on the verge of playing in his first match in the Camp Nou as a Madridista.

"It's a huge match that is watched around the world and it has everyone on their feet. The Clasico I remember most was when Ronaldo lobbed the ball over Valdes."

"I can feel the big day draw closer. We have to keep the ball away from them and attack. If you limit yourself to playing back, you lose. We need to take the initiative and dictate the pace. We must dominate possession. We cannot be afraid and must take risks from the start."


"Xavi and Iniesta dictate how the team plays and the rhythm of the game."

"I want to play well and score or provide an assist. The two are equally important. I can play as a striker or just behind the striker. But wen I play in a more advanced position, Pellegrini wants me to move around more, to make my way to the wings and to do what I do best when I get the ball."

"I don't know what the final score will be, but I hope we win."

No comments:

Post a Comment