- I don't play football just because I like it. I play because I've got an ambition to always win and be the best - to win every trophy and competition I'm part of.
I'll be happy when I win the Champions League, the World Cup and the European Championship. That is every footballer's ambition.
To finish my career and be able to say I did a good job overall, and say I was handsomely rewarded for it. That's it.
- As quoted in "Ronaldo eyes trophy boost" in Manchester Online (22 April 2006)
- We have a good chance - we are at the top of the league, Arsenal and ourselves. But I don't think it is just between the two teams. Chelsea and Liverpool are still there and are strong.
- As quoted in "Still a four-way fight" by Gemma Thompson at the official Manchester United website (20 December 2007)
- I'm living a dream I never want to wake up from.
- Lots of young players have triumphed at United, so why can't it happen to me? I'm not worried I'm young - it's an incentive to do the best I can.
- Now we're in the final we must win, and can't think the job is over. We'll give everything and we're convinced we can do it.
- The No 7 shirt is an honour and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of success.
- I went over to our fans after the Charlton game to let them know that they have a special place inside of me. I wanted to thank them in a special way for all the support they have given me, particularly in this game here, and to tell them I am Manchester United through and through - in my heart and soul.
- It gives me the happiest feeling in the world. I just love scoring. It doesn't matter if it's a simple goal from close range, a long shot or a dribble around several players, I just love to score all goals.
- England were eliminated by Portugal, a situation they did not like at all, and I was involved in it. They had chosen me to be the star of a movie with a totally false plot.
- My free-kick secret? I just look at the net and say 'take the kick, Cristiano.'
- "I've never tried to hide the fact that it is my intention to be the best"
- "If I didn't become a footballplayer, i would become superman"
Quotes about Ronaldo
- He's a prat of a player and a prat of a person, and he will always do the little teams but when it comes to the big games he will cost them like he cost them the match against Arsenal last week, no I don't like him, I love him!
- Eamon Dunphy on Ronaldo
- We’ve had some great players at this club in my 20 years, but he’s up with the best.
- Sir Alex Ferguson compliments Ronaldo, as quoted in "Ronaldo has last laugh as penalty puts United into semi-finals" in The TImes (20 March 2007)]
- When you've got a player who does what he does at that pace this late in the game than you know you've got an invaluable talent
- Andy Gray
- I'm running out of words to describe this lad
- Andy Gray
- He's six-foot two, brave as a lion, strong as an ox and quick as lightning. If he was good looking, you'd say he has everything.
- - Paul Jewell "Premier League quotes of the season" BBC SPORTS (12 may 2008)
- The kid makes you sick. He looks the part, he walks the part, he is the part. He's six-foot something, fit as a flea, good-looking - he's got to have something wrong with him....Hopefully he's hung like a hamster! That would make us all feel better!
- - Ian Holloway "Holloway column" , BBC SPORTS(4 april 2008)
- There have been a few players described as the new George Best over the years, but this is the first time it's been a compliment to me."
- George Best, as quoted in "Funniest ever footie quotes" in The Sun
- When Ronaldo gets the ball, you can just leave him to it while he beats player after player!
- Ryan Giggs
- For me, he is an exceptional player.
- Cesc Fabregas on Ronaldo, as quoted in BBC News
- I have never played against anybody like that in my life - I was pleased to be taken off.
- Millwall's Robbie Ryan, who played Ronaldo in the FA Cup final of 2004
- He's a gift from heaven, he is truly a gift from heaven. Whatever he touches turns to gold.
- Commentator Alan Parry after Ronaldo's brilliant free-kick against Portsmouth
- Ronaldo is better than George Best and Denis Law, who were two brilliant and great players in the history of United.
- Johan Cruyff, as quoted in