September 03, 2008

Robinho signs Manchester City not Chelsea

Robinho has signed Manchester City unexpectedly.All we suppose him to sign Chelsea but he signed Manchester City which was bought by Arabians.
After becoming the most expensive signing by a British club when City spent £32.4million to bring in the 24-year-old from Real Madrid, Robinho met manager Mark Hughes on Tuesday.
Robinho said: 'I knew that Manchester City is a very big club, there's a great team there already and this is an exciting project.
'I liked the project, and when City made the offer to Real Madrid, I decided to come here. I liked the plans that Manchester City have and I want to succeed with them.'
The Abu Dhabi United Group have announced plans for City to become the world's biggest club and Robinho has bought into the ambitious plan though. He stated his approval at the response to his signing by the City fans, who have been buying up tickets and club merchandise.
'That makes me very, very happy, and I want to repay this excitement by performing on the pitch, and scoring a lot of goals for the fans,' he said.
Robinho confirmed the presence of his international team-mates Jo and Elano at City was a factor in his decision to sign, even though Chelsea appeared a more likely destination at the start of transfer deadline day.
'I met with the manager today and it went very well,' said Robinho of Hughes.
'I know that he was a great player and I think that will be a big help to me. I want to help the manager and the team to win the Premier League, that's my ambition here.'

No comments:

Post a Comment