January 09, 2010

Higuain aims to score more goals

Gonzalo Higuain has been in good scoring form this season, but the Argentine said the best is yet to come.

Despite being on a roster that includes summer super signings Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Karim Benzema,Higuain is currently Real’s top goal scorer in La Lagi with 10 strikes, and the speedy attacker who is only two goals behind leader David Villa of Valencia, is demanding from himself whenever he steps on the pitch.

“I hope every game I play is the best in my career at that moment, but I believe my best performances have yet to come. I don’t care about whom we face, Higuain told Uefa.com

“I just want Real Madrid to play well.”

Meanwhile, recent rumours have suggested that the forward could be heading to Arsenal in a swap for Cesc Fabregas, but Higuain reveals that he would love to end his career with the Spanish giants.

“It would be beautiful to end my career on this team,” he said. “Real Madrid and its city are my second home. It would be fantastic.

“I would like Madridistas to remember me as a humble and hard working person. Peopleremember you better when you win titles and they recall how you used to play. I would like to be remembered as being a great person.”

Higuain also thinks the Real side is still “growing as a team this season.”

No comments:

Post a Comment