April 28, 2011

Cristiano Ronaldo interview after Barcelona match Champions League

"I wish I had the chance to face a team of 10; it is very difficult to turn a 2-0 score around away from home, but anything can happen in football"

Cristiano Ronaldo did not hide his frustration after the defeat against Barcelona.

"I don't understand. It is very difficult to play in such circumstances. We had a strategy. It was a 0-0 game and Kaka was warming up so we would attack more in the last 20 minutes. We weren't playing well. but we were playing for a 0-0. This has happened in the last four years. Barcelona have power, a lot of power. The same thing happens every year. It happened against Chelsea, Inter Milan... and now against Real Madrid. I don't know how this can be fixed."

"I am a professional footballer and I like to enjoy myself when I play. But these situations suck all the joy out of you. We're sad because it's the same every year. Mourinho is right. Referees know football. I wish I had the chance to face a team of 10. It is very different to face a team of 11 and a team of 10, especially against Barcelona."

"It is very difficult to turn a 2-0 score around away from home, but anything can happen in football. We will fight in Barcelona."

No comments:

Post a Comment